martes, 1 de septiembre de 2015

Diez cosas que la gente fuerte NO HACE....

Fuente: www.marcandangel.com

Last night a reader named Karla sent me an email that caught my attention, simply because the subject of her email was: “Things Emotionally Strong People Don’t Do” (An interesting title for a post, I thought.)
Part of Karla’s email read:  “I love all your material.  You've helped me get through some seriously tough times over the past six months.  But even though I’ve made significant progress, I often struggle with emotional weakness.  I persistently resist what I know I need to do for myself.  So I was wondering, what do emotionally strong people NOT do?  The reason I ask is that I’ve spent a lot of time implementing positive habits in my life, but I haven’t really focused on removing any (parallel) bad habits.”
There are a million ways to answer this question (especially as it relates to Karla’s unique life situation), but since emotional weakness is something all of us struggle with at times, I figured I’d take a stab at answering Karla’s question in a general sense, for all of us.
Here are four things emotionally strong people don’t do:
1.  They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
Emotionally strong people don’t sit around feeling sorry about their circumstances or how others have treated them.  Instead, they take responsibility for their role in life, work on changing what can be changed, and keep in mind that life isn’t always easy or fair.  In the end, happiness is not the absence of problems, but simply the ability to deal well with them.  So look at what you have, instead of what you have lost.  Because it’s not what the world takes away from you that counts; it’s what you do with what you have left.
2.  They don’t compare their journey to everyone else’s.
Social comparison is the thief of happiness.  Do YOUR best and don’t compare your progress with that of others.  They aren’t YOU.  We all need our own time to travel our own distance.  Emotionally strong people know this is the truth, and they live by it.
3.  They don’t say, “I can’t.”
As Henry Ford put it, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.”  Emotionally strong people know this is true.  If you really want to do something, you can and you will find a way.  If you don’t, you will surely find a long list of excuses.  So stop saying “I wish” and start saying “I will.”  Turn your “can’ts” into “cans” and your dreams into plans.
4.  They don’t think it’s too late to start over.
Let go of the idea that it’s too late to start over.  Remember, it’s always better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than the top of the one you don’t… even if it means beginning anew.  Just because some things didn’t work out as you had expected, or didn’t happen as fast as you thought they would, is no excuse to give up on yourself.  Time passes one way or the other.  Do what you need to do so that, at the very least, you can look back someday and say, “I gave life my best shot.”
Remember, it only takes one idea, one second in time, one relationship, one dream, one leap of faith, to change everything, forever.  So hang in there.  Keep exercising your emotional strength.

6.  Other people’s opinions can only stop you if you let them. –  Care too much about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.  Your freedom lies not in the physical space around you, but in your mind.  As long as you cling to other people’s definitions of your truth, your beauty, and your happiness, you will always be chained.  Thoughts that begin with, “I have to…” or “I really should…” reveal where we feel most obligated to direct our energy.  Redefine things.  Write your own definitions.  Finish your own sentences.  Find your own way.  And most importantly, listen to your intuition.  It already knows what you truly need.  (from the “Self-Love” chapter of our book)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario